Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How I can clean and lubricate my films?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi,
    What type of chemistries I must use to clean and lubricate my films? I need to increase its durability and to avoid that they are scratched when I proyect it.
    Any suggestions?

    Carlos.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, I use Thermofilm and find it excellent. Doesn't matter if it gets onto the soundtrack and you can clean it as often as you like.

    There's one proviso, and that is if you use tape splices. The cleaner is such a good lubricant that you'll have to clean the frames that are going to have the patch applied with a "rocket fuel" type cleaner, to allow the patch to hold, that's how good a lubricant it is.

    The widescreen centre may stock it. They're at:
    www.widescreen-centre.co.uk

    tom.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Tom,
    thanks for your answer. Now, howI can eliminate the spots that the water lets (rest of fouling)? Because these are the fisrt films that I processed, Idin?t use Photo -Flo. I washed those films with Photo-flo later but the spots did not disappear!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ekoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i read somewhere that you can dissolve beeswax in standard film cleaner, then clean your films with this mixture. is this correct?
    any other options for individuals who use tape splices?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ekoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i found this article on film cleaning and lubrication by martin baumgarten on the 8mm film format metadirectory.
    here it is: http://lavender.fortunecity.com/lave...brication.html

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Guys, thak you all for the replies!!
    I'll try with some of the recommended products.

    Carlos.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •